Remodelling your kitchen to get a new look doesn’t have to be an expensive and time-consuming project, regardless of what you may have read in kitchen design magazines. In this article, we take a look at some simple and inexpensive ways to update the look of your kitchen.
You should start by searching for ideas about the new look for your kitchen in magazines, books, and online sources directly dealing with kitchen design. Selected suggestions shall be easy to incorporate into your kitchen remodelling project. Some small changes here and there can have a great impact on the look of your kitchen.
7 relatively low cost remodelling ideas for your kitchen to refresh your living space
- Replacing the main fixtures in your kitchen, such as cabinet doors and fronts will greatly change the whole look.
- Painting your kitchen units white and changing some other components such as handles or knobs will have the same effect as replacing the main fixtures.
- A great alternative for a new look is to use a solid core MDF doors with fiberboard or timber finish, as it can be easily fitted to a base unit frame and painted over with any colour of your choosing. This way you can get a desirable look of your kitchen.
- Changing the colour is a very easy to do and cost effective approach for your kitchen redecorating project. You can actually paint your walls and all of your kitchen cabinets. On the market is a range of great products with different finishes for your cabinetry. For example, you can choose an aged look finish, faux, or glazed look finish.
- Updating the sink and taps is another area of your kitchen which is simple to update. Sinks are available in many different designs, materials, and colours with prices ranging from £50 up to £300 for moderate quality. The top price range depends on style, material, and type but on average for moderate quality you can get some from £50 up to £500.
- The next great affordable feature for your kitchen is to add a kitchen island. This will extend the working space in your kitchen. However, in some circumstances, people may lack space for adding a permanent kitchen island, but if you would like to benefit from one, you may alternatively use a kitchen cart. A wide range of kitchen carts are on the market.
- Probably, the most affordable idea, with a great impact for your kitchen remodelling project, would be to replace your kitchen backsplash. It is available in many different materials, styles, and colours such as wood, natural stone, steel, porcelain, and even wallpaper. The cost depends on the material you choose.
Even one small change can make a great impact on the appearance of your kitchen; most of the ideas proposed here are simple and easy to do. However, if you need any help with your home improvement projects or property maintenance, let us know.